Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette ~ $55.00. A present-day take on Renaissance colors, this eye palette features 14 shades that let you create stylish, day to night looks. From the earthy yellow and ultra-matte finish of Golden Ochre to Primavera’s shimmer gold with a metallic finish, this palette’s high-pigment shadows are crease and fade-resistant and are sure to bring modern elegance to your eye looks.
This was my first Anastasia Beverly Hills palette - and I am so happy with this pick! The shades are all gorgeous and super pigmented!
I actually featured this palette in my September Monthly Favorites - I have still been using it non-stop. It is great on it's own and can be used well with other palettes. It has a couple mid-toned browns that are great transition shades and I find a lot of other palettes don't offer many transition shades at all. These are perfect!
I think there is a great selection of finishes, from matte to metallic in this palette. I like that the majority of the shadows are a matte finish, with just a couple accent shades in satin or metallic finishes!
Here are the shadows swatched on me (one swipe, no primer, in natural light):
- Tempura - beige with an ultra-matte finish
- Golden Ochre - earthy yellow with an ultra-matte finish
- Vermeer - iridescent shell with a metallic finish
- Buon Fresco - antique lavender with an ultra-matte finish
- Antique Bronze - metallic sable with a satin finish
- Love Letter - raspberry with an ultra-matte finish
- Cyprus Umber - dark coffee with an ultra-matte finish
- Raw Sienna - neutral amber with an ultra-matte finish
- Burnt Orange - deep orange with an ultra-matte finish
- Primavera - shimmery gold with an ultra-matte finish
- Red Ochre - sienna with an ultra-matte finish
- Venetian Red - crimson with an ultra-matte finish
- Warm Taupe - earthy gray with an ultra-matte finish
- Realgar - brick with an ultra-matte finish
Overall, I was impressed by the pigmentation of these shadows - they are bold and deliver serious colour! They did have some slight fallout as they were coming from the pan, but I didn't notice too much when applying them! They are so smooth and blend out so nicely - really easy to use and wear!
Here is a couple makeup looks I created with the palette:
This is a nice neutral daytime look!
I used: Warm Taupe and Buon fresco in the crease, Tempura under the brow, and Primavera and Vermeer on the lid.
This is a bolder, evening look (please forgive my lighting in these 2 pictures!)
I used: Vermeer under the brow and in the inner corner, Burnt Orange and Love Letter in the crease and on the lower lash line, and Buon Fresco on the lid!
I love this palette - I think the shades are great! They are so unique and over a great variety and are perfect for Fall and Winter! The shadows are great quality!