I was a little worried when I was first doing this that I was just painting a blob and adding some lines that I was just going to make a mess - I am really happy with how these roses turned out!
Here is a look at the products I used for this week's Mani:
- Formula X nail cleanser, base coat, and top coat
- Morgan Taylor polish "Later Alligator" (green for leaves)
- Trust Fund Beauty nail polish "Elegantly Wasted" (purple for base coat)
- Trust Fund Beauty nail polish "I'm Kind Of A Big Deal" (medium pink)
- ORLY polish "Cake Pop" (light pink)
- Julep polish "Nellie" (dark pink)
- tools - nail art brushes and nail dotting tool
To start this Manicure, I used the nail cleanser and base coat with 2 coats of base polish - I used a medium purple polish but you can use any base color you like!
Let the base polish done well and here is how to do the roses:
1. Using the light pink polish, take a nail dotting tool and create circles on the nails - they do not need to be perfect circles at all! Mine are nice misshaped blobs and work just fine!
2. Using the medium pink polish and a nail art polish, create little half circle brush strokes around the rose - there is no rhyme or reason, just think of rose petals or shading on roses. Make sure to leave enough light pink showing.
3. Using the dark pink polish, and a nail art brush, create a couple of dark brush strokes - I would suggest just doing a few dark strokes. Make sure there is still lots of light pink showing through to create a whole rose look!
4. Using a nail art brush and green polish, create a little leaf off of the side of the roses.
Add top coat once the polish had dried well!
Again, I love how the roses turned out! What do you guys think?